I have observed five, interlocking themes which permeate the whole New Testament. Here I include some verses on the first* listed.
- Warnings against False Teachers/Prophets/Apostles
- The Wedding
- The Return of Christ
- Warnings against Sexual immorality.
- The Church
Verses on False Teachers
Jesus, as quoted by Matthew
- ““Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.” Matthew 7:15 NIV
- “and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.” Matthew 24:11 NIV
- “For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.” Matthew 24:24 NIV
- “They traveled through the whole island until they came to Paphos. There they met a Jewish sorcerer and false prophet named Bar-Jesus,” Acts 13:6 NIV
from the Apostle Paul
- “This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.” Galatians 2:4 NIV
- “For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 11:13 NIV
- “As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer” 1 Timothy 1:3 NIV
from the Apostle Peter
- “But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.” 2 Peter 2:1 NIV
from the Apostle John
- “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”1 John 4:1 NIV
- “But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.” Revelation 19:20 NIV
*the five themes are not listed in any order. They are based on my observation alone.